Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Moms Against Cervical Cancer

This is one of my fears. It's like I don't want to think of this situation not just for myself but for my children especially. As a mom, we usually set aside our own health for the reason that we are so much occupied for our family's concerns yet at the back of our mind we are afraid to left them behind.

Sometimes I realized, I should set a time to pay attention with my own health. Maybe go to an OB for a check up, but just thinking of the amount I have to spend, I backed out thinking that its much more needed by the family rather than just by me. But I did take the risk. Of what? My FUTURE.

What if, in the end I am diagnosed with cervical cancer? Whom am I to blame? It's me, for the reason that I set aside the chance taking extra good care of myself also. 

So, to help my fellow moms who wants to see for a free check up, I've researched my area to find out. Just see the link below to look for in your area if free check-ups are also available.


Cervical cancer is a disease that affects the cervix in the female reproductive system. The cervix is the lower portion of the uterus that connects the upper vagina to the uterus. It is about two inches in length. During childbirth, the cervix dilates, allowing the baby to travel from the uterus to the vagina. 

What are the Symptoms of Cervical Cancer?

In the early stages of cervical cancer, there usually are no symptoms. Cervical cancer symptoms begin to appear as the disease advances, invading deeper into the cervix and surrounding tissue. As the disease progresses, women may experience:
  • abnormal vaginal bleeding, including post-coital bleeding
  • pain during sexual intercourse, however this can be common and unrelated to cervical cancer
  • pelvic pain
  • heavy vaginal discharge
For more info about free screenings, visit the site of Department of Health, Free Pap Smear, or even the nearest Health Centers in your area. Hope this could help us.

P.S.
I'm gonna have my check up, ASAP.


At the family's heart is Mother
Whose love is warm and true
Our family home was a special place
All credit's due to you 
~Anonymous 


You May Also Like:
Personal Injury Solicitor

No comments:

Post a Comment