Saturday, February 25, 2012

How do you find if your son is gay?

Me and Ares
At the age of six, I could definitely identify that my son Ares is different.

When he was just inside me, there was a moment that I asked myself what if he's a boy and someday it turns out to be he's gay or in other way around? But I didn't entertain that idea for the reason that it wouldn't be a good thing to happen having a family of conservative type.



Extra Finger
I was really happy when I gave birth on May 1, 2005. Its a boy! Lighter complexion, red lips, black hair, exactly of what I asked God for him to be. But amazingly he has this extra finger. And as he grows to be a child, he didn't quite realize that he has that. It's a normal thing  and is really a part of him.


But what really bothers me, not the extra finger, but the way he acts. It turns out to be he's gay. I may not conclude it yet but at his age, I know that he already knew what's the difference between a boy and a girl, what are the different characteristics between them.

He loves to play houses, plays cooking, dolls and plays with girls. He loves fashion walking. He acts and talk like a girl.

But I'm glad that this issue is not anymore a hot topic in our family. We often talk and laugh about it. I just say that whatever happens, whatever he chooses to be, I still accepts him and especially love him. What else would a mom do, right?


So? What do you think? Should I still not conclude?


2 comments:

  1. maybe its still early, i have a friend who used to like wearing dress, make up and likes playing with other girls. and he admit na bakla nga daw sya dati. but nung late elementary years naging babaero at crush ng bayan pa..

    so yeah, magbabago pa yan.. i believe na sa environment din kasi ang pagiging gay e. I read before na wla talagang basis or yung study na nagsasabi sa hormones ang pagiging gay has already beed contradicted.. so big factor pa din talaga ang environment..

    therefore, its still too early to conclude.. :)


    juicekodai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks. I remember I read a book before about children being special, there was a topic about that one of the factors that a boy has a chance of being "bakla" when still at the womb, if yon nanay eh nag-iisip na girl or somewhat things about girls. when in fact eh boy pala yon baby nya.

    Ganun ako nun ehh.. :D

    Big factor din kaya yon?

    Thanks ms. Juicekodai. God bless.

    ReplyDelete